Hot Springs Langston Elementary
Hot Springs, Arkansas
The brand new state-of-the-art facility is located on the site of the historical 1913 Langston High School, the first African American school in Hot Springs. The new two-story 75,493 sf school utilizes large spans of natural light within the classrooms allowing the spaces to feel warm and open. The school also includes a large cafeteria, expanded rooms for therapy / special education services and a new library.
The program is designed with the larger collaborative spaces centrally located with classrooms branching from them. The use of bold colors and materials are utilized as a form of visual cues allowing the students to navigate the building with ease.